T20 World Cup: Rishabh Pant Back In Nets For Team India, Says ‘Really Enjoying It’

T20 World Cup: Rishabh Pant Back In Nets For Team India, Says ‘Really Enjoying It’

Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant took his first web session with the crew in New York forward of the T20 World Cup observe match in opposition to Bangladesh on June 1. Pant returned to the Indian crew after virtually 17 months for the showpiece occasion. He returned to aggressive cricket within the Indian Premier League in April and likewise led his crew Delhi Capitals. He not solely performed the whole season but in addition stored wicket after recovering from a number of accidents sustained in a horrific automotive accident.

In IPL 2024, he scored 446 runs together with three half-centuries and have become the very best run-scorer for the franchise. He batted within the center order at a strike charge of 155.40.

Commenting on his return to the Indian crew, the 26-year-old stated he missed his teammates throughout his rehabilitation on the Nationwide Cricket Academy (NCA) and is having fun with being again with the crew.

“That's one factor I miss so much. Being again on the sphere carrying the Indian jersey, it's a very totally different feeling. I feel seeing the teammates and assembly them once more, spending time, having enjoyable with them, having fun with the conversations, actually having fun with it,” Pant stated in a video posted by the BCCI on X.

He stated, “We’re used to taking part in in some international locations however this can be a totally different risk. It has opened up a distinct channel for the sport as a result of I feel cricket is rising internationally and I feel publicity in a rustic like America shall be good for cricket in addition to American cricket.”

Pant additional stated that he’s getting used to the circumstances right here and right here in America the solar shines a bit brighter and there are new pitches there.

He stated, “I’m making an attempt to adapt to the circumstances right here and let's see what occurs subsequent. Hopefully I’ll make the most of it and carry out higher from right here onwards.”

India will tackle Eire of their first match of the T20 World Cup on June 5 in New York, adopted by a conflict in opposition to arch-rivals Pakistan on June 9.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Subjects talked about on this article

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *